American Tax Consulting specialises in helping individuals with their US personal tax affairs.
Key services include:
- Preparing US personal tax returns and advising of the associated tax refund / payment
- Assisting individuals bring their US taxes up to date including utilising any penalty free schemes currently operating by IRS
- Advising individuals of the US tax consequences of moving to or from the US
- Advising the US tax implications of international assignments, and the tax compliance requirements for global employers and their international assignees
- Advising individuals who are considering giving up their US citizenship on the US tax implications
- Advising individuals of the US tax consequences of owning US property / assets (even where they are not are not US citizens / residents or Greencard holders)
- Assisting individuals plan pension withdrawals including 401K, IRA and Kiwisaver
- Assisting individuals with will and estate planning
- Preparing US Company and Trust forms
- Preparing Foreign Bank Account Reports (FBARs) form Fin Cen 114
- Advising on potential late filing or late tax penalties, or charging of use of money interest
- Working with other professional advisers to offer a smooth and joined-up service, ensuring that individuals are fully compliant and maximising their worldwide tax position.
We are happy to discuss your tax needs and provide you with a fee quote for our services.